The Company Secretary course gives exemption from certain levels/subjects of its Foundation, Executive & Professional Programmes for candidates who are Graduates or Post Graduates or Professionals. Understand complete details about CS from here and enjoy passing.
WHAT FOR 10/+2 STUDENTS
You need to start from CS Foundation Programme. Get your scholarship based on your school marks from 10&12th Standard Marks for 100% Company Secretary Course fees, says ICSI by Students Education Fund Trust scheme-60/75/90%.
You can also get your B.Com & M.Com degrees alongside completion of Company Secretary Course. Find details in BCom CS Executive & MCom CS Professional programme is possible -IGNOU & ICSI offers this mutli-degrees for Company Secretaries.
Find complete details about CS course from Download Company Secretary Course kit for ACS exams with complete details about registration, fees, cut off dates, procedures, exemption, etc...& all CS students - Update your email ids now to get free Student Company Secretary magazine in your Inbox.
EXEMPTION FROM FOUNDATION PROGRAMME OF ICSI
- Graduates in any discipline (like B.Com, B.A, B.B.A) except Fine Arts, irrespective of percentage or division of marks or medium of examination are exempted from passing the Foundation Programme and eligible for direct registration for the CS Executive Programme exams. Certain non-commerce graduates like B.Sc also are given exemptions but are advised to write CC papers of Foundation Programme.
- If a person is enrolled or appearing for such examination (as mentioned above), then he may be provisionally enrolled and final certificates to be produced within 6 months of provisional enrolment.
- On passing Foundation Examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICWAI) or Common Proficiency Test (CPT) of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
EXEMPTION FROM INDIVIDUAL PAPERS OF THE EXECUTIVE PROGRAMME EXAMINATION
In pursuance of the powers conferred on it under clause(3) of the regulation 42 of the company Secretaries Regulations, 1982, the Council of the Institute of the Company Secretaries of India has decided that a candidate shall be exempted from the following paper(s) of the Executive Programme examination if he / she possesses the qualification(s) specified against each paper, having secured 50% or more marks in the aggregate (whether in a full time college or though correspondence from a recognised University) and applies for exemption on or before last date for enrolment for the examination paying requisite exemption fee as may be determined by the Council from time to time.
1. General and Commercial Laws:
M.A / M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship) or Degree in Law (three years or five years integrated LL.B or B.L) from a recognized University / Institute either constituted under an Act of Parliament or approved by AICTE.
2. Company Accounts, Cost and Management Accounts:
M.A. (Corporate Secretaryship) / M.Com / M.B.A (with Advanced Accountancy as one of the subjects at graduation / post – graduation level and with full paper in Cost Accounting / Management Account / Financial Management at M.A. (Corporate Secretaryship) / M.Com / M.B.A. level having secured 50% marks in the subject concerned) from a recognized University / Institute either constituted under an Act of Parliament or approved by AICTE.
3. Tax Laws:
M.A / M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship) from a recognized University / Institute either constituted under an Act of Parliament or approved by AICTE.
EXEMPTION FROM CS EXECUTIVE PROGRAMME EXAMINATION
For Corporate Compliance Executive (CCE) Certificate holders of ICSI.
EXEMPTION FROM INDIVIDUAL PAPERS OF THE FOUNDATION, EXECUTIVE & PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMME EXAMINATION
Professionals who are qualified Cost Accountants (ICWAI) or grad CWA’s, are eligible to get exemption from CS Foundation programme and certain practical related papers in CS Executive & Professional program exams. Details in Paper-wise ICSI Exemption for ICWAI Passed Students.