Updated New Company Secretary Training Provisions
- Applicability: Students enrolled for Company Secretary (CS) course on or after 1st September 2009.
- Student Induction Program (SIP): Students shall complete SIP Within 6 months of Registration for CS Executive Programme. SIP is a 7 full days training programme (introduced for the very first time). SIP will be conducted by ICSI's Regional Councils like NIRC, SIRC, EIRC & WIRC and 'A' & 'B' grade Chapters as provided in www.icsi.edu. To register for SIP, only physical application shall be made to the nearest ICSI chapter along with a fees of Rs.1,000/- To Get exemption from SIP, follow https://docs.google.com/open?id=1XBh5rCmnC1ZP_Fjq-lU2dXop9VnyJh1aggwku6CX_WG3TfihHBw-VdU6dUS3
- Executive Development Program (EDP): EDP is the new name of erstwhile Training Orientation Programme (TOP). EDP is a 8 full days (instead of 5 days as earlier) training programme. EDP as a pre-requisite for Training which shall be done after passing CS Executive Programme Exams remains as such. To register for EDP, only physical application shall be made to the nearest ICSI chapter along with a fees of Rs.1,000/
- Professional Development Program (PDP): PDP is the new name of erstwhile Academic Development Programme (ADP) which remains for the period of 25 hours. PDP's are the lectures, seminars, etc...conducted by ICSI on daily basis or weekend basis or half-day basis and will have PDP hours mentioned in it. PDP's will be counted after completion of Executive Development Programme (EDP) and during the course of CS Training. It shall be completed before applying for ACS Membership.
- Wholly or Partly with PCS & Company & Firms/Institutions: The existing 15 month Training Programme remains as such. ICSI has specifically mentioned that Students are free to undergo training wholly or partly with Practising Company Secretary or Registered Companies. Further,6 (SIX) MONTHS OF 15 MONTHS TRAINING CAN BE DONE WITH FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS/ MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS / LAW FIRMS REGISTERED WITH ICSI.
- RoC/Stock Exchange Training: The 15 day RoC or Specialised Institutions training on completion of 12 months of CS Training remains as such.
- Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP): MSOP, the erstwhile Secretarial Modular Training Programme (SMTP) or Residential Secretarial Modular Training Programme (RSMTP) @ ICSI-CCGRT remains for 15 full days at the ICSI's Regional Councils. MSOP shall be completed after passing CS Professional Programme exams.
- Membership Application: Details in http://yehseeyes.blogspot.com/2009/01/checklistformsfeesguide-to-apply-for.html
- Full details about new CS Training, courses to be undergone and details can be found in http://yehseeyes.blogspot.com/2008/05/icsi-15-months-managementapprentice.html
The Council of the Institute has approved the following decisions
pertaining to training of the students of the Company Secretaryship
A) 15 months training with Law Firms, Consultancy Firms,
The Council of the Institute has allowed imparting 15 months
training by Law Firms, Consultancy Firms and Financial
Institutions. Earlier they were allowed to impart training for 6
months only. Further the Council has removed the criteria of
standing, minimum number of partners and fixed assets for
registration of Law Firms and Consultancy Firms and approved the
revised guidelines for registration of Law Firms, Consultancy
Firms, Financial Institutions for imparting 15 months training
which is available at training link on the website of the Institute
B) Removal of requirement of remitting fee of ₹ 50/-with
Apprenticeship Agreement by the Practising Company
The Council has removed the requirement of remitting a fee of
₹ 50/- by the PCS towards registration of apprenticeship training
of the students.
C) 15 days with any one specialised agency:
The Council has also allowed undergoing training of 15 days with
any one specialised agency as prescribed under Regulation 50 (b)
of the Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982, with the broking
firms/ companies, Law firms, Universities (recognized by UGC),
Merchant Bankers, Mutual Funds, Insurance Companies, SMEs,
Industry Associations/ Chambers of Commerce, all Ministries,
SEBI, IRDA, TRAI, CCI, Courts, Tribunals and other quasi-judicial