National Institute of Securities Market (NISM) – An Educational Institution by Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
NISM is established by SEBI which is entrusted with duties also under Securities and Exchange Board of India (Certification of Associated Persons in the Securities Markets), Regulations, 2007 and it is in the process of mandating few programmes for Market Intermediaries like SEBI NISM Currency Derivatives Exam through BSE/NSE/MCX for brokers made mandatory to operate in securities market.
NISM Schools on Securities Market in India:
1. School for Investor Education and Financial Literacy (SIEFL)
2. School for Certification of Intermediaries (SCI)
3. School for Securities Information and Research (SSIR)
4. School for Regulatory Studies and Supervision (SRSS)
5. School for Corporate Governance (SCG)
6. School for Securities Education (SSE)
The CSMP Programme:
- CSMP stands for Certified Securities Markets Professional.
- The CSMP programme is a 1-year full-time certificate programme offered by NISM.
- It covers Security analysis and Equity Research, Investment Banking, Fund Management, Corporate Re-structuring and Consulting, Investment Advisory Services, Equity and Debt Market Broking and related fields.
- Aimed at graduates, post graduates and Executives aspiring for careers in securities markets.
The programme is a balanced blend of theory and practice, divided into four terms. The themes of the four terms are:
- Conceptual Phase
- Application Phase
- Industry- Interaction Phase
- Advanced Application Phase
- 600 hours of teaching.
- During the first two terms/phases and in the fourth term/phase students are expected to study a total of 24 courses.
- In the third term/phase is the internship project with an organization in the securities industry.
- Nationwide online Test and
- Personal Interview.
- A Post- Graduation (PG) course for 2 years or in the final year of PG course OR
- A Graduate (UG), with 2 years post qualification experience.
- NISM reserves the right to relax any of the above criteria in deserving cases and also accept or reject any application without assigning any reason.
- Should have a personal laptop.
- Profile – 20% ( consists of Academic Qualification / Performance – 10% and Work Experience – 10%)
- Online Test – 40%
- Personal Interview – 40%
- Tuition fee: Rs.1,50,000/-
- Examination fee: Rs.10,000/-
- Library deposit fee: Rs.6,000/-
- Library fee: Rs.10,000/-
- Total = Rs.1,76,000/-
- Plus Hostel/Stay fees.
For further details, contact:
National Institute of Securities Markets, Navi Mumbai.
Prospectus: Click Here to download
Registration: Click Here to Register Online [Rs.525/-]
Important Cut off or Due Dates:
Feel free to catch me up for clarifications… Trust me, if you are passionate about or wish to make a career in Securities Market, this is the right time to take a decision, go for it!!!